Monday, June 18, 2012

Test and Essay Rationale


       I decided on learning outcome #1 (learn 4 different named hurricanes and their dates) because it is important that students learn the names and dates of certain storms. These storms did a lot of damage, and they are a part of history. Storms like Hugo, Floyd, Andrew, and Katrina are very important to learn because of the damages and death toll. Giving the students a matching test for this outcome would be better than having them to just write from memory.  I chose learning outcome #2 (learn the meaning of the vocabulary words) because students should know what each storm means, and giving them a vocabulary test should help them to retain the information for a while. I chose learning outcome #3 because it is important the students are able to spell the words out. They will receive a spelling test because I believe that this will help them with pronouncing the words. I believe the essay outcome would be a fun way for the students to learn the material, and drawing it would help to keep them engaged.





No comments:

Post a Comment